Blood Drive – Friday, February 23rd
Marian Central is proud to host a Blood Drive on Friday February 23rd from 9:00 am to 1:30 pm in Landers Pavilion. Any Marian Central Catholic student who is at least 16 or older is encouraged to participate. We would also like to encourage all teachers, parents and members of our Marian community to participate as well.
It is super easy to donate blood. Donors are asked to get plenty of sleep the night before, then eat something and drink plenty of water before coming to donate. After your donation is complete, there will even be time for you to relax in the gym while enjoying some free snacks!
We also wanted to share a couple of important facts with everyone about the need of donating blood:
- 4.5 million: the number of American lives saved each year by blood transfusions.
- 43,000 pints: the amount of donated blood used each day in the United States
- Someone needs blood every two seconds.
- Approximated 25% of the blood collected in drives is donated by college and high school students.
- Blood cannot be manufactured in a laboratory.
- The number one reason blood donors say they give is because they “want to help others.”
To sign up to donate, please scan the QR code on the fliers that are posted around school or click here to complete the registration form. You will be asked to select a time, so make sure you schedule it during the class period you are ok missing, and you will enter your name, date of birth, and a contact phone number and email. Please use a non-Marian Central email so you can receive a reminder.
Any Marian Central Catholic student who wishes to donate will be required to have a signed Parent Consent Form to be allowed to donate. If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Winkelman in the main office.
We invite you to watch the video about donating blood (linked below)