Ladies Left to Right: Lucca Kenyon, Julia Jenkner, Mallory Genrig, Alyssa Sutherland, Vannessa Garrelts, Katrina Dionela
Gentlemen Left to Right: Casey Wells, James Lydon, Ben Keller, Joe Paffrath, Keanu Salvador, Dante Bucci
Prom 2017, Lumières de Paris, is scheduled for April 28, 2017 at The Cotillion in Palatine. Our Junior Class Advisors and Officers have been working for months to make this combined Junior/Senior Prom a truly memorable event. The following is a listing of “Information and Guidelines” for Prom 2017. If you have any questions concerning these, please give us a call. Your cooperation and understanding is appreciated. (Please click here for printer friendly version.)
- What: Lumières de Paris Junior/Senior Prom 2017
- Where: The Cotillion in Palatine, Illinois
- Ticket Sales: $45 per person, April 10-13, 2017 during lunch periods
- When: Friday, April 28, 2017
Prom 2017 Itinerary
5:00 – 5:35 pm – Informal Pictures in Landers Pavilion
5:40 pm – Start Promenade
5:45 – 6:15 pm – Load Buses
7:00 pm – Arrive at The Cotillion
7:15 pm – Dinner Begins
8:15 pm – Dancing Begins
10:00 pm – Coronation
11:45 pm – 12:00 midnight – Load Buses
12:45 am – Arrive at Marian Central
- How Much? $45.00 per person. For those Juniors who DID NOT work in concessions during Football or Basketball season, the cost is $90 per person.
- When are Ticket Sales? April 10th through April 13th (Monday through Thursday) during all lunch periods. Please note that there are only FOUR days of ticket sales due to the Good Friday holiday 4/14. AVOID THE RUSH – PURCHASE EARLY IN THE WEEK!
- Table Assignments? Tables seat 10 individuals. Please have entire Prom Table Reservation Form completed and turn in at time of ticket purchase. All students listed on table reservation MUST purchase tickets the same day. (Form linked here, and hard-copies will be available in the school office starting April 3rd.)
- Vegan/Vegetarian/Food Allergies? Please have your dietary needs noted when you are purchasing tickets.
- Prom Pictures? When you purchase your prom ticket, we will provide an informational envelope from DeWane Studios detailing the various photo packages available and the cost. Photo money/order forms will not be collected prior to the dance. Students must have the envelopes in their possession the evening of Prom to give to the photographer.
- Non-Marian Central Guest? You must provide a COMPLETED Guest Application Form when you are purchasing prom tickets. Use the provided link here, or pick up a hard-copy in the school office beginning April 3rd.
- Emergency Contact Info? In the event of an emergency, it is imperative that we are able to contact a parent/guardian by phone. Therefore, please include this information on the Prom Table Reservation Form which is due at the time of purchasing tickets.
RULES & REGULATIONS
Failure to comply with the regulations listed below will result in the forfeiture of the cost of the tickets. There will be no refunds.
Mandatory School Attendance:
- Juniors MUST be in attendance during the regular school day from 8:05 a.m. – 12:00 noon on Friday, April 28th, in order to attend Prom that evening.
- Seniors MUST be in attendance during the regular school day from 8:05 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 27th, in order to attend Prom. SENIORS have earned April 28th OFF SCHOOL due to their Raffle Ticket Sales win!
Transportation To/From Event:
- ALL students and guests attending Prom will ride the chartered buses to and from the venue. No exceptions will be made to this.
- No backpacks or large bags/purses will be allowed on the buses or at Prom. If students have after-prom events, please plan ahead to make arrangements for backpacks, pillows, etc. so the Prom Chaperones can make sure all students have safely left the Marian parking lot once the bus drops off at school after prom.
Expected Behavior & Attire:
- Although we recognize that fashion trends do not always make it easy, please display modesty in dress. In January, we shared a Prom Dress Guideline that was similar to those published by many area high schools (both public and private) to help provide more specifics, considering there is such a variety of dress styles now available.
- Once at The Cotillion, the students and their guests must remain in the assigned areas. Students who leave the assigned areas will be subject to being suspended from school.
- Guests are subject to the same regulations as Marian Students. The Marian student is responsible for any misconduct by his/her guest. Guest application forms are due at the time of purchasing tickets.
- Students will show respect and abide by the requests of any adult chaperones who will be supervising Prom. This respect is expected on the bus as well as at the Prom location.
- All Marian students have, in a proactive manner, been informed as to what the school’s position is regarding appropriate dancing. “Sexually Explicit Dancing” will not be tolerated at any dances sponsored by Marian Central Catholic High School. Any students who choose not to abide by Marian’s expectations will be given a warning. If the unacceptable dancing continues, those students will be removed from the dance, their parents will be contacted and the parents will be required to pick up their student immediately.
- Inappropriate touching of any type is not allowed.
- Dancing partners must face one another when dancing.
- Hands around partner’s waist/neck is acceptable.
- No body surfing, gyrating with sexual connotations or straddling is permitted.
- Prom 2017 is to be a tobacco/e-cigarette/alcohol/drug free activity. Your cooperation and effort in this goal is appreciated and expected. Parents, please talk to your teenagers about having fun without the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- As stated in our Student Handbook, Marian Central reserves the right to require a student to undergo testing for the use of alcohol and/or drugs when a reasonable suspicion of such use exists. Failure to comply with testing will result in an immediate phone call to a parent to come pick up student from Prom, in addition to possible disciplinary action up to and including expulsion from school. Please see Page 27 of Student Handbook for more information.
- As is the case with all Marian activities, the possession of, consumption of, or being under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or tobacco is prohibited. Students and guests who display any signs of being under the influence of alcohol or other drugs before or during Prom will not be permitted to attend or remain at Prom. Parents will be notified and must pick up their student. Students violating these policies will be subject to the following consequences:
- Suspended for up to five days. These days will be recorded as “unexcused absences”.
- Required to enroll in and complete an alcohol/drug assessment program at the family’s expense. This program is to be administered by a Marian-approved organization.
- If a senior student, the student will be required to attend the entire day of school on “Senior Breakfast Day” and will not participate in the breakfast.
- Refused participation in all co-curricular activities for the remainder of the school year.
- Dismissal immediately from any government leadership position.
The Junior Class Officers, faculty, chaperones, and the Administration thank you in advance for your cooperation in making Prom 2017 a wonderful, positive experience.