Marian Central offers chapters in the following Academic Honor Societies:
- National Honor Society – Marian Central’s Bishop Lane Chapter of the National Honor Society is founded upon the principles of scholastic achievement, outstanding character, leadership, and service to the community. Members are expected to uphold Christian values, serving as leaders among their peers and the community at large. As students, members of the National Honor Society strive to continue their intellectual growth and use their knowledge to enlighten the lives of others. Most importantly, members are dedicated to aiding the impoverished and working to improve the community wherever there is a need. Selected students are inducted during their junior or senior years. Please click here to view the National Honor Society 2018 Selection Criteria.
- Spanish Honor Society – La Sociedad Honoraria Hispànica is an honor society for Spanish students. To qualify for membership, students must achieve an “A” in Spanish for three consecutive semesters, hold an “A-” overall average in Spanish, and have at least a 3.5 GPA.
- French Honor Society – The French Honor Society gives special recognition to those students who are at least of sophomore class standing and have attained an “A” in French for at least three consecutive quarters.
- Tri-M Music Honor Society – The Tri-M Music Honor Society motivates students, recognizes their efforts, and honors their musical accomplishments. Tri-M strives to give its chapters the opportunity to:
- provide an appropriate method of recognizing musical achievement,
- strengthen school music programs,
- help students reach their full musical potential,
- motivate and recognize students’ musical and personal achievements beyond the incentives of credit and grades,
- encourage instrumental and vocal students to work together towards common goals,
- present an inspiration and challenge to music students, and
- focus public attention to school music programs throughout communities.